Nov 2, 2007

Creating music with garageband

I have always been fascinated with creating my own music... back in the early 80's I bought a Casio CZ101 which was one of the first keyboards to have MIDI, and this I hooked up to a Commodore C-64 computer. With this combination, I was on my way to creating music on a computer!

A few years later I got my first Macintosh, A Mac Plus. With my new mac I went out and looked for some music software, which turned out to be Passport.

Fast forward many years to the present, and my main composing tool is a Mac and Apples incredible Garageband software. After 20 years of using all the various software packages available at any given time, I have finally found a composing tool that I feel is the best ever created, and has reached a pinnacle of evolution!

My blog will talk about all aspects of creating music for "non musicians" like myself. What do I mean by this? Well, I am not trained in composing music, and I can't read music, but I am able to compose music that many say is some of the best they have ever heard...

I believe anyone can write music that has a passion for creating music! I look forward to sharing with you, and look forward to your feedback.

No comments: