Apr 4, 2008

Garageband Hints & Tips: recording a part when you have a complicated "master pitch" key changes

I love using the master pitch function to make key changes in my
instrumental compositions. Makes the songs more interesting,
especially with my music which uses a lot of repeating motifs...

When recording a new track with all these key changes, it can be hard
to play the part with all the changes, so what I do is temporarily
turn off "master pitch" and then record my part, with no key changes,
and also, I am in my favorite key which is Em, so the parts play easy
for me (and I am not a trained keyboard musician... I just play by ear
with the playing ability I inherently have)

Ok... once your part is recorded, turn your master pitch back on and
you have a great new part, that will automatically change pitch as you
have set it up in your master track!

Let me know what you think!

Svend

(posted by jaggerdiggydog April 2008)

No comments: